- Recurring Donations
- Honor & Memorial Donations
- Matching Gifts
- Corporate Donations
- Donor Advised Funds
- Wish List – In Kind
- Securities/Stock Donations
- Real Estate Donations
- Retained Life Estate
By making a recurring, monthly donation, you will be providing a steady stream of funding for our comprehensive efforts on a continuous basis. Monthly donations are crucial in enabling us to continue to provide our service free of charge. In these challenging economic times, monthly donations help us to plan in a way no other gift does—they give us security which is vital in providing consistency for our members. Monthly giving is an easy and convenient way to make a huge impact. Your credit card will be charged automatically each month. You may, of course, change or cancel your gift at any time.
Your contribution to commemorate someone who’s touched your life helps advance Gilda’s Club Westchester’s mission. To make a memorial donation, simply fill out the designated areas on the online donation form. You can also donate in honor of someone’s birthday, anniversary, wedding or other special occasion. To acknowledge your thoughtful gift, we’ll send a personalized message or card to the person(s) you’re honoring or to his or her family.
Every company handles its own matching gift program differently. Please contact your company’s Human Resources department to see if they offer a matching gift program and/or for instructions on how to double or even triple your fundraising efforts through matching gifts.
Gilda’s Club Westchester holds many events throughout the year which are wonderful opportunities to bring together individual and corporate supporters while raising much-needed funds. Visit our events calendar for more information.
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a charitable giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to support your favorite causes.
How it works:
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program.
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax free).
- Allocate grants to the charities you support, with the option of being recognized or remaining anonymous.
We are always in need of donated office supplies and home goods in order to sustain our efforts. Click here for a list of what we need.
Gifts of stocks, bonds or other securities may be a tax-efficient way to give. Donors have the ability to transfer securities as gifts to Gilda’s Club Westchester and, with appreciated securities, may avoid paying capital gains taxes on those securities.
Real Estate donations may provide you with savings and allow you to achieve significant and important charitable goals that benefit those in need. The potential savings coming from a donation of real estate to Gilda’s Club Westchester may include:
- Freeing you from the maintenance costs of the donated real estate and
- Avoiding capital gains taxes on appreciated real estate.
How it works:
- You transfer your residence, farm, or vacation home to Gilda’s Club Westchester subject to a life estate.
- You continue to live in the property for life or a specified term of years, while continuing to be responsible for all taxes and upkeep.
- The property passes to Gilda’s Club Westchester when your life estate ends.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of the appraised value of your property.
- You can terminate your life estate at any time and take an additional income tax deduction.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now that benefits Gilda’s Club Westchester later.
We invite you to contact Corinne Frankenfield at 914-644-8844 for more information so that we can assist you through each step of the process. Please remember that the tax treatment of any donation must be confirmed by the donor’s tax advisor.
Thank you again for including Gilda’s Club Westchester in your charitable giving.